Welcome to the 2018-2019 Helix Instrumental Music season!
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome our new members and our returning veterans to the Helix Instrumental Music Family. Whether you are a student or a parent you will have many opportunities to get involved with people sharing common goals and interests. For both the student and the parent, lifelong friendships will develop. We are pleased that you have chosen to join the Helix Instrumental Music Program.
The Helix Instrumental Music Association would like to welcome each of you. The Helix Instrumental Music Association or HIMA as it is commonly called is a non-profit parent booster association that works with our Instrumental Music Directors, Mrs. Armstrong and Mr. Benge, to support the music program. Every parent is a member and needs to be dedicated to supporting the music program. Our Association can only be successful with the help of our students’ families and friends!
We have an awesome team of HIMA Board Members who are happy to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact any one of us with questions or concerns.
Once again, thank you for being a part of Helix Instrumental Music Program. May you all find it a rich and rewarding experience. To our old members, we say, “Thank you for returning your talents.” and to new members, we say “Welcome”.
Paperwork Day is Saturday, July 21, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
To minimize wait times, please stop by during the following time frames if possible.
IF YOU CANNOT MAKE IT DURING YOUR ASSIGNED TIME, PLEASE COME ANY TIME BETWEEN 9:00 AM AND 12:00 PM
Freshman: 9:00 - 10:00
Sophomores: 10:00 - 11:00
Juniors & Seniors: 11:00 -12:00
- STUDENTS DO NOT NEED TO ATTEND BUT IT IS HELPFUL FOR SIZING PURPOSES IF YOU WILL BE PURCHASING GLOVES, COMPRESSION WEAR, OR SPIRIT WEAR.
- ALL students/families in the instrumental music program (Orchestra, Band, Color Guard, Bagpipes) should attend to turn in their paperwork for the year and ensure you are connected to our program updates.
- If you participate in multiple ensembles, you only need to fill out one set of paperwork.
- If you are in Marching Band or Color Guard and any other ensemble, please select the Marching Band and Color Guard packet.
please select the Marching Band and Color Guard packet.click to downlaod PAPERWORK below
These are fillable forms. please type directly into them.
- All necessary forms are included and you can type directly into the PDF files and then print them out -- just click on the link below for your group.
- PLEASE READ THROUGH ALL INFORMATION AND BRING THE COMPLETED FORMS WITH YOU TO PAPERWORK DAY ON SATURDAY.
- BE SURE TO FILL THE MEDICAL AND TRANSPORTATION FORMS OUT COMPLETELY
- IT MIGHT BE HELPFUL TO BRING MEDICAL AND CAR INSURANCE INFORMATION WITH YOU IN CASE THERE ARE QUESTIONS.
- There will be a checkout station to pay for purchases, donations, memberships, etc
- don't forget your wallet! We accept cash, checks made out to HIMA, and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). As a reminder for Marching Band and Color Guard families, the cost for Band Camp is $75.
- MARCHING BAND FAMILIES: If you have not already ordered your student's marching shoes, please do so ASAP. Students will need their shoes on Uniform Fitting Day, July 28, and Band Camp is a great place to break them in. If you did not receive ordering information previously, it is included in your packet or the link to order is http://www.americanband.com/store-2/super-drillmasters/.
- You will also find a Band Camp survival guide on the home page under News or by clicking here, and check out the About tab, which has information about what to expect at football games and competitions as well as a crash course for new families.